Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Meet: Dactor123


WITH DACTOR123

I met up with creator of 3 famous games; The Dominion Theatre (200K+), The Ro-bowling Game (100K+) and Survive a train Crash Into a House! (130K+). He has amassed over 500,000 place visits and 100,000 profile views.


When did you join ROBLOX and why?


I joined 22nd October 2008 because my brother found it and told me to join. So I did.



What do you think is your best game and why?

My best game so far would have to be my bowling game, I was wasting time on groups and helping other people, meanwhile I was getting better in building and scripting ability.
One day I had an idea for a bowling game. So I knuckled down and got building. I'm one of those people who will take a break from building and think 'whats the point?' and I often give up but this game was different.
I made sure I was building nothing else. I kept thinking about the potential result. I knew what I wanted to have at the end but I wasn't sure how to do it. I was sure that there would be a point in the script where I would have a lack of knowledge and not be able to finish.. so I wrote inspirational comments to myself on the script like --COME ON! YOU CAN DO IT!
It was challenging, but I managed to complete it within a few weeks. I was amazed and because I thought it would fail I hadn't uploaded it to roblox so not many people knew and I wanted it to stay that way until I managed to comb the remaining bugs out and properly release it.

Whats your Favourite Game on ROBLOX and why?

I don't really play many games on roblox. I'm mainly building and playing my own. But I did like Roblox's building game.. It was the Bot. I had this obsesion with the HelperBot. So Cheerful. So Helpful. So Amazing. I used to pretend to build just so I could be near it. Lol jk. But that was an amazing model when it first came out and I never thought I'd be able to create a robot with simular qualities. So if I did have a favourite game that was my favourite game.


Any tips for players out there wanting to be famous?

Well heres the thing about roblox. The players only play if they like the picture. You can have a rubbish game Like an obby but if you have an awesome picture of spongebob people will flock!
But you see people prefer the picture if it is some sort of action scene. If you look at the front page now I bet the mojority of the games show you fake avatars doing something, a house in the middle of exploding or a first person view of the game with a gun. Any game can have an action scene picture. Take Roblox building for example, that is a picture of people building.. Theres something about that, that makes the player want to play. The player wants to come see these people building. The player wants to see these people shooting. The player wants to see the balls rolling into the pins and what happens after that ball hits the pin. The only way to find out is to play. So the tip is, action. Don't just have a picture of a car! make the car tilt have an avatar stand next to the car going crazy. Action makes the picture more exciting and fun. and thats what the people want.

What are you going to be doing soon?

Soon, I'm going to be making new games and finishing other games. Woah thats alot of words. bye now!


You can visit dactor123's page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment